Monday, July 30, 2012

New...

Well, this week will be chopped full of new. New school, new football, new position, new routine.  I've always been a person that has welcomed new with open arms but I fond myself feeling a little overwhelmed and a little uncomfortable.  My eyes well up with tears when I think about Justin's first game as a head coach. Happy tears of course. Tears of pride and joy.  I know how hard he and his staff has worked and continue to.  This year at Raleigh begins a whole new journey in Justin's coaching career.  New responsibilities, new pressures, new kids, new fans, new everything. I'm a bit emotional too about the change. I will miss him being at West with me.  We are a couple that are just fine working together. There is a sort of comfort in that.  I have also been emotional about my (Fran's.) I had a slight breakdown at one point this summer talking to Justin about football season. Me: "When the season starts I won't ever get to see them and we will drift apart!" " We are all at separate schools now and it's just different,". Yeah, I threw a little pity party for myself. I'm sure it's the same for certain other professions but sometimes coaches wives form a bond and become quite close. At times, they feel as if they are the only one who believes in their husband and supports them no matter what. I have two that I have become quite close to while being at West Jones. In a perfect world, we could be at the same school throughout their entire career BUT we know that isn't likely to happen. Anywho, I know we will be lifelong friends but it sure is nice to have them by your side on Friday nights.

On another note, my little Avery will begin daycare on Tuesday!!! I'm not sure if I'm more nervous for her or the teachers.  Justin's grandmother has kept Avery up until now so it will be a HUGE change for her. I even postponed putting her in dance just because I want her to adjust to "school" before throwing her in an hour long dance class also.  I know there will be several mornings of complete meltdowns but I pray she adjusts well and gets along with the other children.  We will see!! It also makes me a little sad because she is officially a big girl now that is going to "school".  I don't even want to discuss Cooper possibly start kindergarten next year!!!!  It may be time for another bambino soon...........or maybe not. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment