Wednesday, December 12, 2012

We made it

Just a little heads up......this post will be slap full of random tidbits. 

Well, Justin made it through his first season as a head coach.  Although their record wasn't the greatest I really think he wiped the slate clean and began moving that program in a different direction.  He is still figuring a lot of things out but I think he has done a great job so far.  I think the faculty and students at Raleigh echo that feeling because he was named faculty member of the year.......whoop whoop!  I'm still adjusting to wearing maroon.  I did buy three maroon shirts to wear to games so that's a start.  
 This is one of my favorite pictures.  A sweet co-worker/football mama took this.  Isn't it great!

In other news, Avery is doing quite well at daycare.  Her teacher informed us that she basically hangs out with her and the other adults all day.  She thinks she is a teacher assistant and has no trouble bossing those kids around even though she is the smallest one on their.  I can't believe this is Cooper's last year at daycare.  It pains me to even mutter the word kindergarten.   We have discussed having another child a lot lately.  We go back and forth with it each day.  I'm leaning more towards yes every day but the thought of us being outnumbered scares me a little too.  We will see.  Whatever the Lord has in store for us we are surely blessed enough already.

Back to football and coaching.  My cousin, Jason Simpson, was up for the Southern Miss job recently.  Oh how excited I got thinking of how awesome an opportunity this would be for him and his career AND it would mean he and his precious family would only be 30 minutes away.  BUT, unfortunately he didn't get it.  Oh well, we will see what is up next for him.  Jason is definitely an up and comer so it's pretty exciting for the whole Simpson clan.

Christmas.......Oh Christmas!  I know I'm not the only one that gets stressed out around this time!  Don't get me wrong I LOVE buying people gifts and I LOVE being off of work for 2 weeks.  I dread our hectic schedule of trying to make sure we see each and every family at least once.  I know we have at least 3 stops on Christmas day possibly 4 stops!  Of course we always pray those little family gathering go well too and no one gets their tinsel in a bunch......but it's bound to happen at least once.  

I always have little random projects going.  There is one at the top of my list that I am determined to complete before summer.  I love vintage prints/posters and I want to find a poster that represents each school that Justin has coached at.  So, on my list is a whippet, bulldog, hornet, mustang, and a lion.  If you just happen to come across any of the mentioned holler at me!

That is enough randomness for now.

Oh, one more thing!  Our house is STILL for sale so please spread the word!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment